Kaori’s 5KW Hydrogen Fuel Cell Power System is safe, clean, efficient and can generate electricity, which can be used as an auxiliary power supply, emergency power supply, independent power supply and integrated power generator. It uses methanol as fuel cell input energy to replace traditional high pollution diesel engines and bundles of hydrogen cylinders making it convenient to store and transport.
- The methanol conversion rate and utilization rate are high. The energy efficiency of the whole system can be up to 46% based on the high calorific value of methanol.
- Using methanol as a fuel, the existing gasoline and diesel filling system can be used to complete the methanol distribution and filling, eliminating the need for an expensive hydrogen refueling station and avoiding the inefficiency and safety problems in hydrogen storage and transportation.
- The output current density is comparable to that of a pure hydrogen fuel cell.
- Reformed Methanol Fuel Cell (RMFC) is a fuel cell system using a hydrogen-rich reformed gas produced by methanol as a fuel. It consists of a hydrogen generator and a proton exchange membrane fuel cell stack.
- Methanol recombination fuel cells will become one of the mainstream fuel cell technologies in the future.
- Proton exchange membrane fuel cell.
Methanol Fuel Cell System Schematic
62.5% of methanol (and the rest is water) is reformed by a reformer, and
purified by palladium membrane to produce more than 99.95%
- High hydrogen production efficiency(>80%)
- Hydrogen can be produced from a single fuel(methanol water)
- Methanol water is safe and stable relative to gasoline and diesel
- Small system size (can fit 19” standard cabinet)
- Noise is quite low during system running(<50db)
- Rapid hydrogen production(<40 second)
- Low CO concentration in exhaust gas (<20ppm)
The water-cooled methanol fuel cell power generation system uses methanol and water for reforming and purifying to generate hydrogen, and then hydrogen is introduced into the fuel cell to generate electricity (Net Rated power : 4.0 kW).
Reformer: Methanol and water is reformed to generate hydrogen gas(75%), and then passed through a Pd purifier to reduce the CO concentration
Fuel cell: Combining hydrogen with oxygen to produce electricity, and the only emission after the reaction is water.
- Long stack life at +12,000 hours for water cooled fuel cells, as the traditional air cooled are only around 4000 hours
- Could be used for backup power and enhance efficiency by variable loading
- Simultaneously generate and consume hydrogen to reduce the user’s safety concerns