A Methanol Reformer is a device used in the field of fuel cell technology which can produce pure hydrogen gas and carbon dioxide by reacting a methanol and water (steam) mixture.
The hydrogen is then used by a Hydrogen Fuel cell to produce power through the process of Electrolysis
Hydrogenics is a worldwide leader designing, manufacturing, building and installing industrial and commercial Hydrogen Systems around the globe with over 60 years of experience .
Hydrogenics offers world leading expertise for a range of applications, including:
- Hydrogen generators for Industrial processes and Fuelling stations
- Hydrogen fuel cells for electric vehicles, such as urban transit buses, commercial fleets, utility vehicles and electric lift trucks
- Fuel cell installations, including Methanol Reformer units, for freestanding electrical power plants and UPS systems (uninterruptible power supply)
- Hydrogenics is pioneering “Power-to-Gas” the world’s most innovative way to store and transport energy
- Modular, Scalable Design
- High Efficiency (Fuel Consumption < 1.2 L/ kWh)
- Low Standby Power Requirements
- Stack life time 10,000 hrs